Friday, April 10, 2015

Need help.... Need a new disk drive for document archive.



I have a need for a new disk drive for my archive of documents. I have a Drobo Raid 5 device that is fault tolerant of losing disk drives, but one drive is failing and I need to get it replaced.  The data is secure for now provided I don't lose 2 drives in the mean time.  The data will rebuild itself after I get the new drive....which is why I bought this... I have a lot of historical data I want to preserve.

I wasn't sure SCRIBD would always be a safe store of documents, and last few weeks has proven it is not when it comes to them pull Heather's docs because of false copyright claims (they are public documents).  I kind of expected that move after the online law search engine, PACER, purged itself of Law Cases prior to 2012, which was another case of trying to make historical data and law filings difficult to find for the average man...  Lawyers were furious over that unannounced move.

If you can donate via  PayPal for a new disk drive it would be greatly appreciated.  I only need to replace one of the 4 drives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.